Jacksonville Christian Academy holds and teaches the essential doctrines of the Christian faith.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
4. We believe in the Blessed Hope, which is the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to establish His Kingdom and be forever reunited with His bride, the Church.
5. We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
6. We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
7. We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
8. We believe that through the baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, power and love are given to believers who ask for them.
9. We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit indwelling believers, enabling them to live a holy life.
10. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
Jacksonville Christian Academy is dedicated to academic excellence in a Christian environment. The founders of Jacksonville Christian Academy have developed high scholastic standards and a well balanced program of traditional courses and extra-curricular activities.
The Bible is the foundation of our faith and serves as the basis for all learning and activities at Jacksonville Christian Academy. God’s Word is taught as the ultimate source of truth through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We strive to develop the wholeness of the student to encourage a close working relationship between the home, the church and the school. Opportunities are provided for each student to reach their full potential, physically, intellectually and spiritually.
Our purpose and goals dictate that we cooperate closely with parents in every phase of the student’s development, always offering assistance in understanding the school’s objectives and in making their home more God-centered.
The desired goals for each student are:
1. A student who is concerned about his personal relationship with Jesus Christ and his daily walk with Him.
2. A student who is concerned about the spiritual welfare and development of others.
3. A student who understands and accepts the consequences of his behavior.
4. A student whose speech reflects a disciplined Christian life.
5. A student who daily seeks the will of God in his life.
6. A student who is daily becoming a more mature witness for Christ.
7. A student who exhibits a Biblical sense of right and wrong.
8. A student who is challenged, eager to learn and will utilize that knowledge to enrich his or her life, and in turn, enrich the lives of others.
9. It is our belief that if all of these results are achieved in the lives of our students, the academic results will be equally high.
Philosophy of Christian Education
We believe that Christian Education in a Christian School is an extension of the family and home. A student’s personal relationship with Jesus should be emphasized more than anything else. If the spiritual condition of the school is good, then the other areas of the school will be in order with the same being true for each student. Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Students should be taught spiritually, academically, and physically, so that they may become happy, God-fearing adults. Biblical principles should be used in every area of the school just as they should be used in every area of our lives.
JCA is fully accredited through the International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the Commission on International and Transregional Accrediatation and the National Council for Private Schools (NCPSA). JCA is a candidate for membership in the American Christian School Institute (ACSI). JCA is a state registered school.
The teachers at JCA are committed to academic excellence within the context of a totally Christian atmosphere. JCA teachers are among God’s most dedicated educators. They continually have the children’s best interest at heart and stand willing to assist parents in fulfilling the God-given responsibility for educating their children. The relationship of the school and the home becomes one of sharing and caring about the mutual benefit of each.
JCA is an independent, fundamental interdenominational Christian school system. It does not discriminate as to an individual’s sex, race, national origin, or physical handicap in its hiring practices for administrative, teaching and other personnel, nor in its admission guidelines for students, administration of all scholarship programs, disciplinary policies or practices.